Friday, February 10, 2012

Fast Food Vs. Mom Food

Did you ever think about how much money you spend on Fast Food, or eating out in general?
This is the meal I made for my Grandson.
McDonalds


Home Cooked











 This is a package of Chicken Tenders I purchased at the store. It had 15 Tenders in it. So I figured that one Chicken Tender costs about 35 cents.
 Dip chicken in flour, egg wash ( beaten egg and a little milk) and bread crumbs.

Fry in a small frying pan in some Canola oil.












                                                                                       


Did you know you could cook corn on the cob in the Microwave? I just recently learned this it comes out great, but you have to eat it right away.


Corn on the Cob
                                                                             Just put the corn in  the Microwave for  3-5 minutes leaving the skin on.




Half carrot, I had these leftovers, but you could also use raw carrots, kids love em.



I added some ranch dressing for dipping and a banana.
Mom's meal   1.50              Restaurant    6.00
Now this is a Happy Meal!!















Isn't my Grandson a doll?  Oh and the rest of the chicken tenders? I made chinese food, but that is another story!! Enjoy







No comments:

Post a Comment