Saturday, February 11, 2012

Sausage Peppers Onions and Potatoes



February 12th is my Son Sammy's Birthday. He wanted to have a little party so I am making Sausage Peppers and Onions. This  is a great meal to make for a party, it is pretty easy to throw together and you can make it ahead of time. I am actually making it a few days ahead and freezing it and then I will take it out and heat it up for the party. I should have cut the peppers and onions in bigger pieces they cooked down a little too much. Now you can make this is in a frying pan if your just making a small amount or if you prefer the sausage browned. Even making it in the oven you can brown it before hand if you like. I cut up my peppers, onions, sausage and potatoes and put it in a lasagna type pan. I added a few cloves of garlic chopped up, some basil and oregano, salt and pepper. Cover with aluminum foil and put it in the oven for about an hour or until it is cooked well, take off foil about 15 min before finish time to evaporate some of the juice. If there is too much juice you may want to drain some out. This is delicious and easy to make.
If your not sure how much to make follow these guidelines, if this is the only main course you are making
use 1 sausage, pepper onion and potato per person. If you have other meal choices you can do half of each per person. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment